Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bald Faced Lie


I don't really have anything to write about this. Maybe I'll think of something clever and turn it into a real post. Maybe this will be gone once I realize it's stupid. Maybe I'll leave it as is. Anyway, the author of this article keeps using the term "Bald faced lie." It's like nails on a chalkboard to my brain. I wanted to just comment on his article to feed that depraved part of me that thrives on pointing out others' stupidity. But that brings me to my other pet peeve (like I only have two): websites where you have to register in order to comment on their articles. I want to make fun of this idiot who thinks that the term "bald faced lie" holds any coherent meaning whatsoever, but first I have to give pcworld.com my life story and e-mail address and put up with their spammy newsletters that I couldn't give two shits about, all just to make someone ashamed of an honestly not so egregious mistake. So instead of being able to spend two seconds to write a sentence or two in order to fill my snide asshole quota for the day, I was forced to come here and type this mediocre rant. Considering it's only my 3rd post (4th if you count that ridiculous two-panel comic), and the other two are more or less rant based, I'm afraid I may be pigeon holing myself as a curmudgeonly ranter. And it's all Rosie D. and Dan "Bald Faced" Tynan's fault.

Maybe later I'll attempt to draw what I think a bald faced lie looks like.

*EDIT - Here is my artistic rendition of a Bald-faced Lie.

**EDIT 2 - As I wipe the egg off my face, I'll inform everyone that apparently bald-faced is the proper saying. It originated from the 18th and 19th centuries, when apparently it was popular for businessmen to wear beards in an attempt to make it harder to tell a lie. Therefore, a bald-faced liar was a very good liar, as he could convince you of a lie without relying on his beard to mask his "tell".

No comments:

Post a Comment